Wednesday, May 23, 2012

let the hunt begin..........

I toyed with titling this post, Not at Home on Harrison St., but we still have "favorited" homes on Harrison st. from the far south to the far north of the city.  It's curious and almost laughable how many out of the very few.  Sadly, that's about the only laughable part of the start of our forever home search at home in the Mile High City.  We went under contract in Wichita and as inspection drew closer, decided to start looking in Denver.  The first offer we put in was topped by a second only after a delay by the seller's realtor.  There was a third buyer in line though, so we probably would never have ended up at home on 832 Harrison St:).  Boy were we in love! Totally moved-in in our heads, but as my Mom said, it's probably a good thing if you're making an offer on a potentially very long-term home that you have pictured yourself at home there. 



After a day off to regroup and repair our hearts, I found another home that would be a vastly different lifestyle than Harrison but that had a huge lot on open space at the base of a foothill.  I could hardly believe it was still available! Only after setting up a showing (I was prepared to offer without even seeing it in person,) did we learn it not only had multiple offers, but multiple contracts!!-in less than one full business day!



So, yes, it is a seller's market in Denver.  But, interest rates are low and prices are far from where they once were.  There are just way more buyers than sellers and that makes things tough.  I feel paralyzed looking (what the heck am I doing blogging right now?) because homes literally go in hours and I am afraid of missing something like the second house above that I missed because we were offering on the first.
While I love nearly any competition, no part of this is fun.  We are resolved to the fact we will have to move our lives into storage nearby and miss out on the company benefit of having it moved into our new home.  Despite all this, we are prepared for the fight ahead of us and continually grateful to be home and in a position to settle into our lives in a wonderful home.  In the inspiring words of 2 of my 3 readers.........with clear eyes and full hearts, we will let the hunt begin!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow on both houses! I can hardly wait to visit your next home. I know it's going to be perfect! Luck and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ang, you will make whatever home you end up in simply spectacular. Keep working...your time is coming!

    ReplyDelete