Monday, May 21, 2012

Tornado Flu

Whew! We survived.  There were moments last week and weekend when I wondered whether we'd all make it.  And just when I posted about real deal sickness someone played a cruel, cruel joke on me.  Last Tuesday night about 1130 pm I was thrust awake by the sound of Ben screaming like he never had before.  I ran faster than ever up the two flights of stairs to find MeeMee already with him and a mess I will only describe as gargantuan.  With help from MeeMee I pieced some things together but didn't even have my glasses on before the sickness came again.  Sadly, by morning, Ben and I had been through two beds together and had quite a routine down when he started the tell-tale grunting warning what was to come.  Tears streamed down my face many times throughout that night and sleep came only from sheer exhaustion.  Thankfully my resilient Monkey was back to his old tricks within 12 hours and really back to himself the next day:).  I was confident it had been some sort of food poisoning as there was no fever and it came and went so quickly.
Ryan came home early from a work trip Wednesday evening and I was thrilled to have the day to spend with him and Ben on Thursday.  We made plans to view a house in the late afternoon and went about our day.  By 2 pm my stomach was wrenching and by 4 pm when we arrived to look at the house it was all over.  Victim 2 had fallen.  Try as I might to bounce back the next day, it was only after a long afternoon nap that I started to feel like myself again.  Ryan stayed home again to care for Ben and MeeMee was home from work after only a couple of hours.  Victim 3 had fallen.  
By Friday evening I started to feel better and it's a good thing because before 9 pm Ryan became Victim 4.  
The most devastating part of all of it was that Ben and Ryan missed cousin Ian's first birthday celebration that I was not attending due to MeeMee's 60th birthday surprise party.  Sadly, MeeMee's party that Molly and I had been planning for months was also cancelled.  So sickness turned to sadness over what was to be that wasn't and as fast as it came, the Tornado Flu was gone...............


2 comments:

  1. That. Sounds. Awful. Thankfully, I guess, it seemed to pass quickly. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, terrible timing. Glad everyone is better now. I guess these sort of things keep us Type A-ers in check with reality and having to simply go with the flow, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete