Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I dip U dip WE dip

Thanks to some blogger techno-blunders, I recovered most of this long-gone post I started last week:

I need to have a contest (that no one will enter) about how many of my blog posts are song titles or song lyrics. 
And already I digress! This morning I tried to help Ben in his first "dipping" meal experience.  He has had salsa with help from grown-ups but today I planned his whole breakfast around dipping.  I cut his waffle as I often do and pondered what besides a little butter I could put on it?? (he is still not a big pb fan).  The Vann's waffles I buy have a hint of cinnamon and are delicious on their own but the plain old Kroger multigrain leave taste to be desired:).  Voila! Applesauce! Perfection! Yum! 
Poor Ben just could not get on the dipping train.  He would happily feed himself the waffles or lick the applesauce off his hands or be fed the dipped waffles by mama, but flat out refused to dip them himself or eat the pre-dipped ones I left sitting in the sauce. I was in stitches just wondering what goes through their little minds.  Ben's friend Cadyn often describes foods as being "dirty," and I wonder is dirty universal for her about anything out of place or does she actually think there is dirt on her food?

We haven't tried the dipping again since as I find most things adults dip are not healthy but I'm trying to brainstorm a test to determine whether it was an isolated incident or a general dipping aversion.  I will report my findings soon.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, well, nice try. I too wonder what goes on in their teeny-tiny little brains. Cadyn continues to think all sauces/dips are 'dirty'...except for hummus and salsa. Both, she will dip chips/crackers into, but then just lick them and re-dip until the chip/cracker is a soggy mess. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An experiment! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete