The first-ever Camp Tante (pronounced Tawn-Tuh, for those who may be confused) - as we have dubbed it - was a smashing success! Meal time and nap time were both interesting as we didn't have any of Ben's normal equipment (dining chair/pack-n-play) and I found it difficult to feed myself, but we made it work and I don't think either of us was any worse for the wear. We had so much fun going to the park, the Children's Museum, having a dinner date and doing lots of snuggling. Having a small apartment is a little challenging with someone who likes to run, but having Ben really encouraged me to be out of the house which I really appreciated. It certainly is never easy caring for a small toddler, but everything truly went smoothly and it was much easier than I had anticipated. It was tough to capture pictures and I'm pretty sure everyone confused me for a Teen Mom which also kept things interesting. I was happy on Sunday night to be back in my own bed and to be alone in my apartment (and I know Jess and Ryan were VERY happy to have their Monkadoo back), but I can assure everyone (including Ben) that Camp Tante will be a regular occurrence for this family!
Just a city boy (running around Hobo Park)
Friday's nightcap
Saturday morning destroyer!!
Adventures with Tante
Swingin' at Wash Park
More Wash Park fun
Waiting for a table for dinner, giving me the "Crazy Tante" look. (A title I wear with pride, I might add)
My handsome dinner date
I love you, Nugg Bug!


My heart is so warmed knowing how much love Ben has around him and it makes all our current trials worth the effort knowing we might soon be Home at home surrounded by the "village" that loves him. Thanks for all you did with and for him. Dada and I had a great (and much needed) grown-up weekend.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great idea! Your teen mom line had me cracking up and I seriously hope that park isn't officially called Hobo Park. :/
ReplyDeleteBen (and his parents) are lucky to have his adoring Tante so close. :)
You got some great pics and it looks like you both had a ton of fun. I can hardly wait for my own Camp Auntie with my darlings. :)
ReplyDelete