Monday, June 27, 2011

Good-Bye

Thankfully it's not really good-bye yet, but Angela and I put together a going away bbq for the TS's (Caleb, Tisha, Cadyn) last night.  It was fun to get people together and we all did a pretty good job staying jovial and not getting too sad.  Cadyn was handing out kisses to Ben and Riley and that did make me tear up at the sheer sweetness.  She was very careful to get perfectly lined up and plant it right on the kisser.  It was pure sweet innocence and neither Tisha nor I captured a pic as Cadyn couldn't be convinced to do it while we had cameras at the ready.  
The TS's have found an AMAZING home for their 2-3 year stay in Calgary and I'm already saving miles in hopes of making a trip to visit next spring or summer after the great thaw :).
I'm hoping Tisha, Cadyn, Ben and I will at the very least get a few more walks in and trying to convince them Missoula is on their way to Calgary as Ben and I will be there when they would be driving through.  As they will leave town after Ben and I do, I am hoping to return to Wichita and successfully convince myself the TS's were just a wonderful, happy, dream but something that was never real and therefore can't really be missed.  Yeah, good luck with that Erickson!


Cadyn considering trying on her new dress from Di and Barry

Everyone!!

Smiley Riley

1 comment:

  1. A very sweet post :) You know, the more you talk about that plan for next summer, the more I am going to hold you to it!

    ReplyDelete