We had spaghetti for dinner last night and Ben was watching me a little more intently and differently than normal. Suddenly he said, "wheel mama, wheel!" It took me a minute to realize he was twirling his fork in his pasta just like me. :) I know imitation is common at this age and will become a pretty regular thing but this was a first for us. It was the first new quick skill he took on solely by observing and then to compare it to a wheel (which makes total sense,) just thrilled me.
His pride grew as he saw mine and we lots of fun twirling away for the rest of the meal. As if I needed another reason to love pasta??? Thank goodness for whole wheat pasta and long summer runs I guess. :)
And because the day will come sooner than I'd like that it will be inappropriate to post pics of him in his skivvies...........
waiting for DaDa
(after a long day of water play and 3 outfits)

That's exactly what I look like when I eat spaghetti. :) Hooray for developmental changes! :)
ReplyDeleteYAY, Ben! ...smart cookie.
ReplyDeleteGood job, Nugget!! FYI - I will still post pictures of you in your underwear when you're 18 because you will forever be my "teeeennyyyy tiinnyyyyy baabbyyyyy"
ReplyDelete