Thursday, May 23, 2013

"Anna OUTside"


In today's miracle occurrence, Ben just put himself down for a nap!! Walked in his room, grabbed Jelly, laid down and was out in less than 3 minutes.  He was under the weather with a fever but no other symptoms this week so he's been napping but he's also been chattering away in the middle of the night.  I was hopeful he'd skip the nap today so I'd get a more restful night's sleep but clearly he needs a break after being back at school today.

So, here I am with some unexpected blogging time, (what dishes? what laundry?)  I had noted to write this post a couple weeks ago when we started playing outside on the regular.

Ben is VERY loving and gentle to both his dogs but interacts with Luke a bit more, most likely because Luke is more mobile.  He is always on top of me about giving Anna her vitamin (medicine) though and since outside play has begun he always wants, "Anna OUTside!"  He magically notices if she goes inside to escape the heat and follows her in and calls her back out. 
Anna's hips work less well everyday and she will be 14 in November.  I'm not sure how many months she has left with us but my heart is warmed with each and every interaction Ben has with her. 





No comments:

Post a Comment