Thursday, March 1, 2012

Storytime



Wow! The new Arvada library is beautiful.  It's probably not very new, but I haven't been since high school and the new location and building are wonderful.  It's a gray gray day here....perfect for some black and white photos.
Despite many plans to make it happen sooner, today was Ben's first story time at a public library.  The leader here was much more skilled than those we've experienced at Barnes & Noble and the animal shelter in Wichita.  The session started with some music and of course Ben quickly stood up and danced in circles in front of the librarian.  It was hard to then ask him to sit still while she read (maybe a little too quietly for the 2 and under set) but lots of kids were up walking around and exploring.  There were some nursery rhymes and finger plays and 3 stories in all.  The session ended with bubbles and more music.  This is the first time I remember Ben caring about bubbles and we will be picking some up on our next excursion out.  Ben was certainly one of the most outgoing and by far had the best dancin' skills.  Yes, I may be biased :).  
As parents were nearly out-numbered by grandparents as caregivers, it was another reminder of how blessed I am to get to spend my days with Ben and that maybe Ben's cousin Ian would enjoy story times with his wonderful Grammies that care for him??
Overall, I was thrilled at the turn-out, the ages of kiddos in attendance, the attitudes of other caregivers about letting the kids freely explore, and the fact that it's free!!  There is a similar offering at another library nearby on Tuesdays.  This may be just what Ben and I need for some more structured play until we are more settled in our next home and neighborhood:).


We had some fun exploring Old Town after the stories.....



Boo Boo #2 is healing quickly and looking better everyday



We walked in the door at MeeMee's, set down our things, and the snow began to fall.  It will be an indoor and cuddling kind of afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. His boo boo looks great. So glad you've found such a great storytime. Nuggs, remember that you got those dancin' skillz from your Tante.

    ReplyDelete