Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Solo Expedition

A large factor in my angst over whether to make the trip to Estes was that I was heading out to Phoenix the next morning to help my Dad get my Grandparent's house ready to sell.  I woke up feeling much improved but extra sad because I'd been keeping my distance from Ben for 24+ hours and got little in the way of a big snuggle good-bye.  Yes, it was my first Solo Expedition Relaxation since Ben's arrival.  Ryan and I had had the 2 nights alone in Vegas in May, but I was together with Ryan and Ben was only blocks away.  I departed at 9am on Wednesday and returned late Friday night.  My Aunt joined us in Phoenix and we did get a lot accomplished.  The stager didn't come until right before I left, so I felt bad leaving them with lots of work. We did make some good progress and some good plans for future visits and getting rid of lots of stuff. 
Right after my Dad picked me up we headed downtown to a restaurant I had read a feature on, called The Arrogant Butcher.  It was delicious from start to finish, but what was more amazing was having a nice meal out without feeling rushed and without feeding a little someone else while I ate.  2.5 days without the direct responsibility of another human life was very refreshing.  I took long, hot showers two days in a row and dried and straightened my hair on both occasions!!  I will let Ryan fill you all in on his new appreciation for the opportunity to shower.  Amidst the planning and cleaning we also did a little shopping, ate at In and Out, and had another nice meal on the way to the airport for my flight home.  I did miss Ben and Ryan both like crazy, but knowing Ben was in Ryan's care put all worries at ease and I tried to relax as much as possible to recharge my engines for the start of 2012. 
My Monkeydoodlebritches and I have settled back into our weekly routine without the hustle and bustle of preparing for Christmas.  Story-time at the library comes back this week and I'm hoping to get our walking and play dates back on track.  Up next, Ryan will fill you in on what they did while I was away and his thoughts on being Mr. Mom..........

I got to quietly enjoy my coffee by the pool while watching the sunrise over the mountains

2 comments:

  1. Eeek! I am so excited to read Ryan's post. I know that being a stay at home mom is the hardest job in the world! :) (Even if it has the best benefits.) Also, if you ever need a solo vacation home, that is what my friends call my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you got some 'me' time! I miss being able to really enjoy a nice meal out :/

    ReplyDelete