With hopes that I haven't lost all readers during my long absence, I'll begin where I left off....next stop, Christmas Eve! We spent the day at Nana and Grandpa's just as was tradition before we moved away. As she had been working lots, Nana had some Christmas things left to finish so Ryan, Ben and I headed to Hurdles where I used to work to say Hi! on my favorite day. Christmas Eve at the jewelry store was always lots of fun. The day always started with breakfast out as a store family and ended with champagne. In between were lots of desperate (mostly male) gift givers, which meant great sales and lots of wrapping to do.
We got back to Nana and Grandpa's in the early afternoon and the prepping began. I made Tante's Apple Cheddar Butternut Squash soup and Pear and Gorgonzola spinach salad and Nana made snack and apps galore. Great Grandma Lola, Great Uncle John and Cousin Christopher joined us for dinner and gift exchanging. We departed for MeeMee's a bit after bedtime, but Ben was a champ and stayed awake and mostly happy as we settled in at MeeMee's to await Santa's arrival.
The first surprise from Santa was a crazy singing monkey
For another longer video, click here.
Next, Ben discovered this!!
he LOVEd the sled
With Nana
Tickles
"Nana, don't stop!"



Hahaha, I love the dancing! Makes me dizzy just watching! PS - that monkey screech is really creepy.
ReplyDeleteOh, how I love that last picture of you two.
ReplyDeleteFor a minute, I couldn't tell if that was Ben screeching or the monkey. Glad it was the crazy monkey :) Love the head shaking, he is hard core...wait until he hears head-banging metal music when he is a teenager!
ReplyDelete