Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Estes Park and Old Friends

Unfortunately, half way through our shopping outing on the 26th, I came down with a flu bug of some sort.  I was unsure whether I'd be up for our long planned trip to see friends from North Carolina who were home for the holidays in Estes Park.  As departure hour grew near, I decided to suck it up and make the trip but saved my hugs and cuddles for another visit.  Friends Lucas and Risha, and their kiddos, Quinn and Alex were in town staying near Lucas' mom, Suzanne, and husband Bob.  Ryan went to college and worked with both Lucas and Risha and he and Lucas were both on the 10-year Master's Programs :).  We joined them for playing and snacks before we were joined by more family and friends for a delicious enchilada dinner.  I get many of my favorite recipes from Risha and she made some of my favorite white chicken enchiladas.  Ben had a great time playing with the kids, especially Sadie who was close to his age.  Sadie's family recently moved to Australia and it was so neat to talk to her Dad about their experience and to debate socialized medicine with him, especially in light of recent experiences of our friends the TS's who just moved to Canada.  We also confirmed that the dairy products down under do indeed have a funk.  We'd wondered about that since we were engaged there eons ago and had yet to chat with an American who had experienced the same. As I was happy just to sit quietly and chat and had energy for little more, the pictures are lacking:(.  Parting was such sweet sorrow and we are keeping our fingers crossed that Lucas and Risha will soon come home to Colorado for good.

Sadie learned a new trick :).

Nemo with the kiddos

Deer at the Stanley Hotel


No matter how many times you see it, it never fails to amaze!

1 comment:

  1. I had a mini-flu too this year, the last 2 days of work! The holidays are an awful time to be sick. :( Love the reindeer pics!

    ReplyDelete