The drive to Jackson, WY from Missoula is gorgeous. When I was in college in MT, I had friends from CU that had graduated and moved to Jackson so I usually stopped there en route to or from home. I was excited to share the scenery with Ryan. Ben again obliged and was a pretty good little traveler. We drove into Dillon, MT on fumes, but other than that the drive was uneventful. We arrived in Jackson in the late afternoon unsure of how long we'd stay. We walked around town and went to Merry Piglets for dinner on friend Will's suggestion and I realized I had been there before. On Monday we drove north along the east side of the Tetons and Teton National Park. We took a back road back to Wilson and had lunch on the mountain at Jackson Hole ski resort. In early afternoon we headed south towards Breckenridge, CO, again unsure how far we'd get. We were debating between Steamboat Springs, CO, Rock Springs, WY and going for broke all the way to Breck. We decided Steamboat was too close to Breck to stop and it would be 130 am before we'd make it to Breck, so Rock Springs it was. Rock Springs has the nickname, Armpit of the Earth, and it is justified. I've been there before and the intense contrast between Jackson and the armpit was hard to swallow. In addition, nearly every hotel was sold out and we did not end up at the Ritz. We did have a decent Mexican dinner and got in a fun family swim so we made the best of it. I was, however, lying in bed awake at
5 am anxious to get the heck out of dodge.
The Tetons driving in from the Idaho side
The whole fam looking over Jackson Valley
Clownin' around on the mountain
I got ambitious and opened a shop while we were there.
I haven't been to Jackson since I became JH and I should have looked for some monogrammed clothing!
An unmerry piglet at Merry Piglets
(love the colors and lighting)
Mountains on the way to the armpit

Well, I feel like I could write a paragraph on every one of your vacation posts (+ fb pics), but I will keep it short and sweet. AWESOME pics...love all of the mountains, the ones of you and Ben, your new shop, the haircut, you all dressed up, all of Ben's big smiles, him being a ladies man...okay just all of them! SO happy you had a great time and got to see so many loved ones.
ReplyDeleteBahahahaha the ARMPIT?!?! That is too funny. I like your store. You are a busy woman!! :-) Also, that pic of you and Ben is too cute. It looks like a fake backdrop. Next summer if you need company to any of those beautiful (much cooler) places... I'm in!
ReplyDelete