Saturday, April 11, 2015

springtime and the livin' is easy


Well, I swore after all the time and effort that went into the sandbox cover that I'd find something divine to put on top of it.  Monday after Easter I did just that and the Heimer Haus has been in the full swing of relaxation ever since.  Ok, that statement might be a stretch but we've all enjoyed time in the hammock, Ben most of all. 

When I began my hammock hunt, I thought cost might be a prohibiting factor.  Enter Ikea.  I must say after "investing" in certain other furniture brands and seeing how well they do and don't wear, I am a big fan of Ikea if their items match my wishes.  In this case, the hammock stand is very moveable (many are not) with a big front wheel and the whole thing cost $89.


I couldn't resist making lots of pea jokes via text and social media this night right after Ryan assembled it.

Ben LOVES hammock snuggles.  Ryan and I love the still variety but are frequently calming the requested hammock tickle-fights.

This blossoming cherry tree is right above and showers us with petals when the wind blows.

Ben discovering the no-longer secret pocket.





The tow truck wasn't invited back.



Morning snuggles with Dad. 

As the weather warms, I plan to make a habit of this. :)

4 comments:

  1. Those hammock selfies are priceless! Not to mention the view up above. Such a great investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop it! Those hammock selfies... too cute! What a great idea.. + even better price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of this hammock! I keep telling Brian we need one for the backyard. Enjoy it! Often!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I have not been invited over to enjoy the hammock yet and it's AUGUST!!! More seriously, I am very glad that you (and Ben) are enjoying it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete