Sunday, April 12, 2015

kite festival

Several weeks ago MeeMee invited us to the annual Arvada kite festival that took place today.  I'm especially speaking for my Heimer men when I say it will absolutely become a tradition. I had purchased a kite for Ryan as a gift back when we lived in Longmont and in anticipation of moving to windy Kansas.  We're pretty sure we never used it there but will be using it lots more now that we know how fun it is and what a great father/son activity it is.
Ben squealed with delight at all the kites as we departed the car and even a pretty sharp bell-ringing on the bouncy house slide didn't keep him down for long.  We ran into the Lineberry's and enjoyed their kites and Ryan showed his off one last time.
While it's often more windy at MeeMee's near the foothills, we really don't get lots of wind in colorful Colorado.  Boy was today windy and perfect for kite flying!!

Ben was happy to stick close to Dad in the "safety zone."

up in the heavens
getting his rhythm





There were so many gorgeous kites in the sky at once.

The triangle one here belonged to Grace.

This squid was my favorite.


love these clouds in black & white



After all the fun at the park we headed home to MeeMee's for some KILLER ribs and salads for dinner.  The whole day was delightful and oozed of the Summer fun ahead of us.  Ryan was watching stunt kite videos as I fell asleep so I'm pretty sure he's hooked. ;)

3 comments:

  1. C + T heart kite-flying, too! Sounds like a delightful day.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just re-discovered kite flying a few weekends ago.. Brigham loved it! We actually do have wind.. all the time.. in high mph.. all the time ;) in NE so I'm pretty convinced every single day could be kite-flying days. Feel free to come use our wind anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is so much fun! I have my NASA space shuttle kite any time you need to borrow it. ;)

    ReplyDelete