Monday, April 6, 2015

easter



As is becoming tradition, the Heimer Haus hosted Easter this year.  The weather gods blessed us once again and the day was delightful from start to finish. We enjoyed delicious food, LOTS of strawberry-gin smash, (this year's signature cocktail), and TONS of giggles.
I got the parachute out for Grant and Luke, the little boys, but Ben and Ian quickly took it over and had all the adults at their mercy for twirling and shaking galore. 

Before everyone arrived, Ben found a big heap of goodies the Easter bunny had left.  His hunting skills need some refining. ;) You can watch a video here.


As per usual, I failed to snap pics of the tables before we dug in.



Thank goodness for tiny Tante the slide-wonder.
baby Luke

The new sandbox cover coming in handy for the "big boys" table.  
They took a break for scones and lemonade.


awww!

more love at the kids table

Heimer Kitten enjoyed a lot of the fun.

It's all fun and games when Jess gets the parachute out......
(continued thanks to the TS fam for this great gift)





sweet baby Grant

 Then the hunt began........

Ben would've been very content to stop after discovering this one candy.


MeeMee helped encourage him to keep hunting.


Jim requested some 4 generation pics with Great Grandma Lola so we got a group pic too.
(Blake, Betsy and Grant had already departed)

;)


I should've re-arranged my falling carrots.  
It's not often you actually get 3 little boys to look at the camera.


We had ham sandwiches and snacks throughout the afternoon and the fun didn't wrap up until after 6pm.  I am so thankful for the blessings of family and friends and especially the beautiful Spring weather that allowed us to gather outside and enjoy long-lasting fun and laughter.


3 comments:

  1. Your invitation and food/drink menus are lovely! It looks like a gorgeous day with your beautiful, well-dressed, skinny-butted (geesh Molly!) family. I'm glad the parachute continues to give both the kids and adults a workout. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE EASTER!!! You may host it forever as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for always throwing one hell of a party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please teach me how to be as amazing of a host as you! I love the invite + the menu.. and how each party is so great! Love it! Happy Easter to you all!

    ReplyDelete