A couple days ago while driving along in the car Ben quips, "Mommy, I'm pretty." Followed with, "I'm beautiful." I acknowledged and assured him that yes, he was BOTH pretty and beautiful. A couple comments later he said, "I'm pretty wonderful."
"You are VERY wonderful, indeed," I assured him.
I wondered where he was picking up these terms until we were a little early to school one day and the girls squealed and lined up to hug him. I knew he liked to play hide and seek with them and they're obviously smitten by Ben. Today he added, "I'm cool, too," after talking about his beauty so I think he has all his bases covered and there must be some nice "boy" friend also setting him straight.
Just when I stopped calling him beautiful-he finally gets on board. Standard, I suppose. ;)
Love it! Such a ladies man. :)
ReplyDeletePositive self-talk is important! (as I keep reminding myself!)
ReplyDeleteOh your boy is just the cutest. :)
ReplyDelete