Ben started getting a cold last Thursday (with symptoms I was told he might experience post flu-mist and we'll take the shot next year, please,) so I kept him home from school. We were in Breck Friday and he seemed much improved and went to school Monday. Yesterday when he woke the "green gunk" had set in and last night he had a couple really down hours. This is by far the worst cold he's had and with Enterovirus 68 running rampant we are being extra vigilant. My fingers are crossed that this is his last day at home and that his red glassy eyes brighten before tomorrow's picture day.
Boy do I digress!!
Yesterday we were snuggling in my bed and Ben told me a delightful story that warmed my party-planning mama's heart.
"Mama, it's Jelly's birthday."
"It is?? I had no idea. How old is he?"
"Jelly is turning 5!"
"5 years old! should we have a party?"
"Yes, Jelly is having a balloon party."
"What will we serve to eat?"
"Cupcakes."
"What else should we eat?"
"Cake. cake and cupcakes. NO real food."
"Well what color of balloons should we get?"
"Yellow! Yellow and pink and red and maybe green and one black-for me."
This shocked me because his typical response to any color request is black and blue.
"Would Jelly like a black one too?"
"No. Jelly likes yellow."
"Ok. It sounds like a great party buddy. Happy Birthday Jelly!"
Maybe I'll get away with a "balloon party," next year. :)
Well, a happy happy birthday to Jelly! :) Sooo darn cute. I hope Ben feels better soon and makes it to picture day - my command center needs an adorable updated BH pic!!
ReplyDeleteJelly -- I'm sorry I neglected to mail your birthday card. But I love you and BRH! :)
ReplyDelete