Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dad's Day

This year Nana Pat kindly offered to host a Father's Day gathering.  Despite my efforts to plan a packed and elaborate day last year, Ryan was happy with absolutely whatever and that was good because the block party and working the day before made things a little hectic this year.  Once this mama took a good, long, deep breath, we set out on an adventure-filled and very fun day.  Ryan opened his gifts and put his new bike seat on his bike before we set out for brunch and fun at the South Pearl Farmer's Market.  We had amazing breakfast burritos and Colombian tacos, ice cream and green cactus smoothies, and rode our bikes home slowly through Wash park.  We spent the afternoon at Nana and Papa's neighborhood pool and enjoying their backyard with the whole fam.


carnitas taco

those breakfast burritos were SPICY

spinach, lemon, lime, and prickly pear smoothie= tart but delicious

you can guess who had ice cream....

.....and who had some of both.


several places at the market have live music


  
I almost got a cute pic of Ben in front of the teepee Nana made before the rest of the family walked in-almost!


I remarked on this day how it doesn't feel that much different than other days because I almost always do all the cooking and cleaning.  Despite that, it's important to honor the dads., husbands, uncles, etc., in our lives.  Ben and I are very blessed to have Ryan who works so hard to provide for us and is a loving and giving husband and father, too.  The way he and Ben light up and giggle when they play together is a never-ending gift to me and one I stop frequently to soak in.

3 comments:

  1. That teepee is so cute! Looks like a great day, and I'm so jealous of those tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Daddy's Day to Ryan! Looks like it was such a fun day of celebrating! Mmmm carnitas tacos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whata man, whata man, whata man, whata might good man! :) Cute teepee and perfect daddy day sentiments.

    ReplyDelete