Ok, ok, so, technically the chickens didn't go to field day but they did make their arrival just in time for viewing on Field Day. Of many eggs only two hatched and will go home to live with Ms. Bailey and hopefully lay eggs for her.
Ben's teachers asked if I could come help out for field day and I happily obliged. What they really meant was, "would you please come help wrangle your kid from darting towards the purple playground he'll have direct access to on field day?"
Ben's first field day was quick and fun but quite warm and full of waiting as all field days are. Several kiddos struggled with the waiting in line and by the third event of four, many were just DONE.
Ben enjoyed the parachute game to no one's surprise. I was surprised at his total unwillingness to participate in the race games. He gallops, hops and runs circles around me every day but had little interest in any of these on field day. He does struggle a bit when I'm at the school as I think I'm a trigger for him that it's time to go home. I hope several end of year classroom visits will make my visiting easier next year. I've also gotta work on the competitive streak with this monkey. He clearly has no interest in winning at all costs and with me as a mama, that won't last long. ;)



There's something about the pressure field day puts on normally running around in circles kids. :) I'm sure you'll have him shaped up in no time.
ReplyDelete