Saturday, May 17, 2014

Molly McMBA



Thankfully the Mother's Day snow soon melted and Spring temps returned in time for a gorgeous graduation day for Tante.  She graduated today with her MBA from the University of Colorado.  This is an amazing accomplishment for anyone but to do it while working full-time at a professional job was all the more impressive.  Her good friend Sara and I helped with the location and decor while her parents treated all to some yummy food and signature cocktails.  Of the many parties I've hosted or helped plan this Spring, this was the most fun and thanks to Sara's incredible graphic design skills, turned out the best looking decor.

Lots of friends and family turned out for the celebration after the ceremony on the lawn of the Tivoli in Denver.  Molly reported that she had a great time and felt very loved and is off to St. Kitts to relax and celebrate her accomplishment.


The graduate and her proud parents

 


 
 Grandpa Ed and Grandma Betty


3.5 Masters degrees

 



 Molly's friend Marie started the program with her but left for a job in Austin.  She'll be able to complete her MBA online in the next year or two.  She made the trip to celebrate with her 
classmates :)

 
 Ben would say, "Um...I think that's everybody."



Time to party.........


Nice to have an engineer for a brother-in-law.



the girls.....

the boys.....

.....and Grandma. ;)

being Fierce!!!

LoDo's executed the party perfectly and were gracious hosts! We will go back.



Prior to the day, Molly commented repeatedly that this was her "wedding" as she'd never be getting married.  Ryan obliged with her spring fling "wedding cake."



 More decor.....








Sara, Molly and I celebrating success on many fronts. :)


Big thanks to my mom and Marty for hosting the delicious food and drinks!
This day wouldn't have happened at all without Sara's dedication and meticulous planning-THANK YOU!!




 *Ben's cousin Ian had his birthday party today and Nana and Papa happily took him.  We had arranged a sitter anyway as long graduation ceremonies and active 3 yr olds are sure recipes for disaster.  It was a perfect day for all of us and it was especially nice to celebrate without distraction.









3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Molly! That is quite the accomplishment. The party decor looks flawless - nice job!! That fruit plate is especially impressive. I still maintain I want to go to a Jess-hosted party SOON. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That party looks fantastic, I love your sister, and I love that quote!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what T said - The way you put on parties is clearly indicative of some impressive creativity and such an eye for creating the perfect atmosphere! Congrats to your sister - I had no idea she was younger than me! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete