Although he runs for hours everyday, the only Scampering Ben did was S_L_O_W.
Thursday, May 1, 2014
SKCEE Scamper
Today Tante joined me at Ben's school to volunteer for the first ever SKCEE Scamper. Each class raised funds for technology and para teacher hours and then ran laps around the school track. Ben's school is comprised of 3 yr olds through kindergarten and the difference in their running abilities was drastic and amusing. There was a DJ with fantastic music to entertain the parents and encourage the kids and several local businesses donated gift cards for a raffle. In the end, the school raised $10k of their $12k goal and the kids had a blast. I look forward to helping again next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A DJ?!...what a great idea! I am learning very quickly with my boy that when I want him to run fast or hustle his little bum, it doesn't happen. But, man does he think he needs to book it down a concrete paved hill full-speed. :/
ReplyDeleteLily did the same thing recently and walked a race. Kids will be kids, I guess, but it looks like a good time! :)
ReplyDelete