Monday, March 31, 2014

Jack and Jim went up the hill.....


........to celebrate their birthdays.  Yesterday we celebrated Jack Arnold's first b-day and Grandpa Jim's 66th.  Jack's parents are my friends from college who I had the pleasure of helping choose engagement rings a few years ago.  Ryan and I enjoyed their wedding in Vail and it has been a joy to watch them become parents.  Though we hoped they might become neighbors, they stayed north of the city and have done an impeccable job updating and decorating their home.  Erica's perfect navy blue powder room was like home to me and her style inspiring.  Ben was nearly the oldest kiddo in attendance but there was a big back yard and enough watermelon to keep him busy.
Happy Happy Birthday Handsome Jack!! We look so forward to watching you grow!


the birthday boy





another baby friend, Bo


After a quick stop at home, we headed to Nana and Papa's for an impromptu evening of grilling.  We had celebrated the week before in Breck but were thrilled to see Papa on his actual birthday.  Ben has slowly started calling Papa "Grandpa" as Papa was always easier to say and someday if it sticks I'll bring myself to make the transition.

Ben had a great time and lots of kisses and hugs for 96 year old great grandma Lola.  He talks about her frequently at home and I love that they get to see each other and that he might grow with fond memories of her. 

2 comments:

  1. no pics of the navy powder room?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of handsome boys... Good grief, Ben. You are melting my heart. Also, I'm with Molly and really expected to see pics of that navy powder room. ;)

    ReplyDelete