Wednesday, September 25, 2013

tiny little star

One of the most amazing parts of being a parent or even just being around little people is witnessing the wonder and innocence with which they see the world.  The other night Ben ran upstairs and things got quiet quickly.  Too quiet.  I followed him and found him outside on the deck as I had just let Luke out and not locked the door.  As I scooped him up asking what he was up to and telling him it was too late and too dark to be outside, he said, "one teeny tiny star mama!" as he pointed skyward.
He was so right! There in the black sky was one teeny tiny bright star.  A wishing star indeed.  My wish was that I remember to see the world a little more like he does and slow down a bit to imagine what he's taking in lots of wonderful moments I probably take for granted.

Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I do also love the things they notice. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great reminder. What a sweetheart, that Ben.

    ReplyDelete