Thanks to the kind suggestion from a great mom I've had the pleasure of meeting at Tante's work, The Lineberry's joined us Friday night for some Campfire Tales at the Denver Botanic Gardens.
The fun began at 5:30 pm when we were ushered through the gates of the Mordecai Children's garden and countless adventures were laid out before us. There was take-home ivy planting, scientific owl discovery, painting, and two sessions of African story-telling and songs followed by s'mores over the campfire. We were able to take in a picnic including adult beverages and the early fall weather was perfect. The standard garden activities were an added bonus and I think Grace, Sara and Ben would have been happy to dig in the dirt pit all night. For the adults it seemed a perfect way to end the week and begin the weekend. I know Ben will get more out of these activities as he ages and I can't stop giggling at his loudly proclaiming, "be VERY quiet," over and over during the thankfully raucous story-telling. Cole and I commented on how hard it is to tell him to be quiet when we've been encouraging his language development for so long. Sadly, Ryan was at work and missed this fun but I was super thankful to have the Lineberry's to enjoy the adult parts of the evening with. These Gardens are very close to our house and it was a great reminder to stay on top of their calendar and take more advantage of activities like these and their summer concert series.
typical
lots of opportunities for energy release!
love these two :)
indeed I am!
Ben was quite distracting for me but the gist of the stories sounded neat.


Looks like a great time! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Very neat.
ReplyDelete