The Miller's have quite a view!
Yesterday we had a busy, fun-filled and HOT day! Ryan was stuck in Cali for work so I arranged to carpool with the Lineberry's from MeeMee's house up to the Miller's Annual End of Summer Party. First we got to see Grace perform some gymnastics at the Arvada Harvest Festival. It was VERY hot and the routine they did was somewhat beneath Grace's ability so I will be using this story on her wedding day to remind her how much we love her.
Next we were off to Erie for some more fun in the sun. Thankfully the Miller's had just installed a wonderful patio and HUGE awning to provide some shade.
They also brought in a bouncy house whose closed top also made for a slight break from the hot sun. Ben came out only for forced water breaks and when some big kids got a little too rough. It was my first experience being at a big party with lots of kids whose parents I didn't know and I'll say that was challenging and leave it at that for this post.
Sweet Hailey got in on the action.
pooped
The Miller's are avid gardeners and home-brewers of amazing beers. Unfortunately my picky tummy never lets me try them without trouble but I heard repeated rave reviews.
The hot busy day with no nap caught up with Ben shortly after 6 pm and a bit of a breakdown began. In the car ride home he was really worried I was going to leave him and also repeated, "no MeeMee home, go to Ben's home." So, after single-moming it for several days, I gave in and we bagged our plans to stay at MeeMee's and went home. He was fast asleep by 8:20 and 11 hours later shows no signs of waking soon. A sure sign of a great day-I'd say!
Jay and Turner digging in the dirt.
After the nice pic with Cole, I taught Sara how to really ride a tractor.
Big thanks to the Miller's for a fantastic afternoon. Lisa really goes all out with themes and decor for her parties and I didn't get pics of all the wonderful details but they certainly didn't go un-noticed.
Sounds fun! Except for the rough kids and breakdown part, of course. Glad you are keeping busy and entertained while Ryan is away...helps the time go a little more quickly, hopefully. :)
ReplyDelete