Inside was no place for a photo shoot but I did snap one as we left :)
Benjamin had his first visit to the dentist today. Although denti$ts with tell you all kiddos should have their first visit at 1, our Dr. did not recommend it until age 2. The office was great with a very fun play area that would have been more fun without repeated hits in the face from another little girl :(. My sweet boy just tried to hug her every time she hit him or threw a toy in his face. We obviously have some self defense to work on!
The visit started with teeth brushing at the sink that was a little different than we do at home. I did get some great pointers from the hygienist though, on how to improve and areas to focus on. Though the exam was BEYOND difficult, the Dr. said his teeth look great and that there don't appear to be any enamel or development problems. She also explained how molars work and that they actually push up through a bit and then go back down. This would explain the night we thought Ben was possessed.
I did forget to ask her about whether the lesser of two evils is Jelly's tail or the binky but just decided we will just be done with the bink by our next visit in 6 months. Although there is no cleaning yet, I do think it will be very necessary to keep up the visits and ease Ben into the big stuff that will be here before he knows it :).
Well, I guess I better get my 3 year-old in for her first visit. :/ Love that outfit and that sweet face!
ReplyDeleteAnd now that song is stuck in my head... He is so absolutely deliciously handsome. :)
ReplyDelete