Last Tuesday morning Ben and I flew back to Wichita to meet the packers and loaders who we were blessed with as part of our relocation package with Ryan's job. We got to see a few friends and lots of neighbors and experience corporate moving for the first time. It was a short learning curve and an interesting experience. On Thursday morning 4 VERY large men arrived and had 3123 relieved of all it's contents before 3pm. They were great in warning me about parts of the house they were done with and I was able to clean right behind them as Ben took great naps both days. Ben and I stopped to visit friends Riley and Chrystal and get cleaned up and flew home by LATE Thursday night. We will meet the truck that holds our life this Thursday and have it moved into PODS for storage until we are ready for it in our next home.
Riley tried to escape Ben's kissies
What's harder than getting one two year old boy to sit still??........
The final goodbye was really emotional as there were so many great
memories for our little family in that house. In fact Tuesday when we
arrived and I entered and smelled Ben's room I started sobbing with
memories of preparing for him and his homecoming, etc. I was very
thankful for the horrid humidity and heat as it made Wichita that much
easier to say goodbye to for good. It was also great to be reminded of
all the amazing renovations made and how much we learned that we can put
to use in our next house. I know 3123 has blessed 4 families and is
now on it's 5th owner and I prayed to it that it will bless the next
owner just as it has those before. By mid-day Friday the ink was dry
and 3123 officially changed hands.
Some of my favorite projects:
Fireplace tile
THE stairs
the door treatment
With that chapter of our lives officially closed we are all very excited to turn the page and see what's coming next......................




Wow. THE stairs are gorg!! The house is gone, but the memories remain. And, now you have your family and friends nearby to create new ones with :) We are all excited for the next home when it comes! xo
ReplyDeleteYou and Ryan really did beautify that house, both with the craftsmanship and with it being Ben's first home. I am so happy it is all finally behind you though. I, too, am super excited to see what your next chapter holds.
ReplyDeleteOh, if I could tell you the stories of the number of times we have done this. Glad half of your battle is done!
ReplyDelete