Wednesday, December 21, 2011

HO HO HOliday Party weekend

After Santa Thursday night, Ben's next stop was Tante's apartment downtown on Friday evening while Mama and Dada enjoyed Ryan's Holiday Work party.  The whole affair was nothing less than extravagant with both fillets and salmon for everyone over a delicious mushroom polenta and 4 to-die-for mini desserts for each guest.  There was lots of photo fun outside the grand hall for entertainment during cocktail hour and through the evening.  The company owners, Governor Hickenlooper, and several highly decorated military officials spoke on behalf of the company and in recognition of the owner's 30th year.  The first musical guest was Kate Voegele of One Tree Hill fame and I must admit that after hearing about previous years' guests, I was a little disappointed.  Kate was a fantastic singer, it was just perhaps not the best band for such an event.  Ryan and I ducked out before midnight as we were anxious for a restful and comfy night's sleep in our downtown hotel.  Our wonderful date even continued with breakfast the next morning before reclaiming our Nugget.  We picked up a very happy Ben and headed to meet Tante at MeeMee's to finally decorate that tree we cut a couple weeks ago.

Photo Booth Phun


We had a lovely but tired afternoon decorating and running errands before leaving Ben with MeeMee and heading to Conifer for a holiday party thrown by friends Eric and Jana.  They have completely remodeled their beautiful mountain home and the party included several couples we had not met before, but thoroughly enjoyed.  We stayed up WAY too late, and enjoyed sleeping in their spa-like guest quarters before enjoying a delicious breakfast and heading back down the hill.  We swept in to again reclaim our Nugget before a quick stop at our temporary home and on to the next party.  Yes, by this point, we were VERY tired.

I was nearly positive I could fit Ben in the giant stocking I had as a wee kiddo.


Ben's great Grandma Virginia, (Ryan's maternal grandmother) came for the weekend from Dighton, KS for a Pre-Christmas get together.  Virginia and Robert have been previously featured in this blog as they used to visit us frequently in Wichita.  Virginia was surprised by her son Dan from Dallas and had all her 4 children and their families present to celebrate!  It was a delicious dinner (lunch if you're not from a small town in KS) followed by a heart-breaking Broncos loss, but lots of laughter and merriment.  I'm almost sure half the house was asleep before Ben, as by Sunday evening, sheer exhaustion had set in.  My lingering cold and tiredness are a small price to pay for all the fun that was had.  
We are very thankful to our dutiful babysitters, Tante, JP and MeeMee, our 4-legged watchers, Nana and Grandpa, and Eric & Jana and Joe & DeDe for hosting all the fun!! 


Ben was quite smitten with his cousin Ian

 
They sized each other up and for 9 months younger, Ian is not far behind in size.

The Heimers and Witherspoons with Great Grandma Lola

Robert and Virgina and DeDe's GORGEOUS tree
Cheering on the Donkeys

Virginia and Robert with newly engaged Payden and Haley :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha stuffing him into that sock was too funny! Love the family pics - especially the cousin ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exhausted just reading this post. :) I am so happy for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete