From: edwards.molly@gmail.com
Subject: Tante's Visit
Date: September 2, 2011 11:01:18 AM CDT
To: benheimer@me.com
NUGGET!!!!!
Tante will be there in a mere 9 hours. Meep, I am SO excited!!
We get to celebrate our one year anniversary this weekend, as last year at this time was the first time we met! I drove through the night from Denver to Wichita to see you and arrived just in time for one of your mid-night feedings. I will never forget the warm summer Kansas air, semi-dark house aglow with only a few lights, and the odd mix of anticipation and contentment swirling around in my stomach. Even though I didn't live there, I felt like I had come "home".
You were SO tiny and didn't do much besides sleep so your mama and I were still able to get all of our usual shopping done :) We watched the Buffs cream the Rams and mama and I put you in the tiniest buff-gold onesie they made! Dada wasn't amused, but what the heck does he know anyway?!
Living so far away from you for a year has been tough and I only imagine it getting harder as you get older and more interactive. Maybe in the near future you and your family will make a move west :)
Get ready for 3 days of fun fun fun, little man! We are going to play and snuzzle and just have the best time.
I love you so much and I will see you SOON!!!!!
Tante Mollusk
:-)
ReplyDeleteSO sweet. He will cherish these when he gets older :)
ReplyDelete