Yes, I was quoting Days of Thunder to Ben this morning not thinking there would actually be some rubbing involved in our Race for the Cure adventure. This was my first Race for the Cure in Wichita and Ben's first organized run. I was glad to be able to take him but did make a mistake in not signing up for the competitive timed run. In Denver the runners and walkers are actually separated at the start by a large median so walkers are very much ot of the way. Here they were not only mixed in but very few heeded the "walkers to the back" warning. We had a couple "rubs" and one small altercation but came out overall unscathed and with a good time considering how much I've been running. Ben loved it and was very vocal though still smiling at the start letting everyone know he was ready to get the show on the road. I was very happy to have friend Angela go with us and cheer us on at the end as she was smart and signed up for the earlier timed run. It was her first 5K and she did great and seemed to enjoy herself.
Maybe not quite awake yet
Looks like a pretty comfy way to workout :)
After the race and a short nap we headed to Learjet family day at Ryan's work. They had a BBQ lunch and planes, cars, kiddie rides, flu shots and lots of ooohs and ahhhs from co-workers who hadn't seen Ben in a while. I really enjoyed seeming some people I used to work with, especially the GM I assisted for awhile. It's nice to hear how much you are missed but feel really glad you won't be heading into work Monday morning. Cameras weren't allowed but Ben enjoyed crawling in and out of a plane, a big firetruck, and being entertained by friend Peter. I am hopeful he will FINALLY fall asleep any moment so I can go take part in a similar endeavor. Overall a beautiful and fun fall family day :).


What a great day. I didn't realize Ben was doing the run with you!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention that when I yelled at you, I may have blown a couple of peoples eardrums out. I did apologize, but I don't know if they could hear me. :-) Thanks for a great time this morning!
ReplyDelete