Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gained an Outfit (6 month stats)

As we sat in the Dr's office lobby this morning I pondered, "wouldn't it be funny if Ben weighed the same at 6 months naked as he did at 5 months with clothes on?"
As there is no 5 month well baby visit I had gone in to weigh him with clothes on.
Well....whadaya know??  In the last month, Ben gained just that, an outfit!!
His weight naked at 6 months and clothed at 5 were exactly the same!

So the official stats are:
19lbs 6oz=79th percentile
26.5"=51st percentile
43cm head circumference=25th percentile (this percentile has never changed-doc says that consistency is a good thing.)



His height and weight are coming together and word has it they will continue to.  All his milestones are met and we actually don't go back until 10 months.  I love our doctor and her attitude!! We have free reign on fruits and veggies with new ones 3 days apart-the next few months will be lots of fun!

The best news of the day .......(insert long, drawn-out drumroll here)...............
the Doc said it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY Ben's eye color will change.  They may turn green or hazel but will most likely not turn brown as we expected.  Looking to see if they'd changed overnight had become a part of my morning ritual.  I am so in love with those steel blue pools of wonder and I'm soooooo elated they may be here to stay.
(Sorry for the lack of focus on the scale pic.  Ryan's been honing his videography skills and I forgot to take the camera off Manual focus.  It is a true miracle the others turned out.)

1 comment:

  1. Such a great visit! I am excited for Ben to start green veggies and fruit - he will loooooove them :)

    ReplyDelete