Thursday, May 5, 2016

Chef Ben

I think we're pretty blessed with Ben when it comes to asking and begging for things and toys.  Requests are rare and fleeting and when they stick around I usually remind him that he can save his allowance or request said item for his birthday or Christmas.  When his requests for a "cooking chef coat and hat," were strong and lasting, I took to the internets to see what I could find.  He was so excited and insistent, I even paid an extra $5 for quicker shipping.  We got home from errands to find the box on our porch and Ben's reaction was worth every penny.  I helped him put it on and he ran to the office door where he can see his reflection in the glass.  He touched his hat and patted his belly and softly repeated, "perfect. perfect."  You can't put a price on a moment like that and the chef coat and hat became a fast fixture in our lives.  





Ben insisted over and over that he was a pizza chef, so a couple days later when we were hanging with Grace and Sara, I got pizza dough from the local pizzeria and let the kids run wild.




We all had SO much fun making our own pizzas and a Spring day warm enough for lunch al fresco was the cheese on the pie.  Each creation was absolutely delicious and we'll be putting chef Ben back to work very soon!!



2 comments:

  1. That is adorable! I hope we can sample some of Chef Ben's creations someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is impressive! Love seeing his interest in cooking.. I have a feeling that will get even more exciting + treasured in years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete