Saying good-bye to these snugglers the night before.
Tisha has lots of friends and family in Omaha and assured me she'd find a place for us to stay rather than a hotel. Her cousin kindly offered up her gorgeous home as they were out of town. I left Denver before 6 am on Tuesday and Ryan worked from home in the morning. Thanks to Papa Jim for stepping in to help and MeeMee for watching Ben Tuesday night so Ryan could work. I arrived with plenty of time to check out both the neighborhood where we were staying and the small suburb where Glennon would be speaking.
our beautiful accommodations
Tisha rolled into town and we headed to Runza for a quick dinner before heading to the school to reserve our seats. Cramped bleacher seats, and a HOT gym were a distant memory the moment Glennon started speaking. Magnetic, charismatic and inspiring doesn't begin to describe Glennon. I really think the only way to understand how incredible she is would be to see her speak. There was admittedly some repetition from stories in her book, Carry on, Warrior, but hearing her tell them was amazing. She stood and patiently took pictures with each and every person who wanted to after her talk.
We're almost dead-center
Tisha and I chatted for several more hours and reflected on the evening's inspirations. I rose early, with surely little shining, to meet friend Rob for breakfast before heading back to Denver. It was really great to see him and discuss his impending parenthood. There was so much inspiration in my head, the drive home felt much quicker than the actual 7+ hours. I also checked out Sterling and Fort Morgan on the trip for Papa Ken who is contemplating a move south and east.
It was a delightful and refreshing very quick reprieve. I certainly took for granted the long, solo road trips that were a regular part of my twenties. There is something very cathartic about a good 15 hours with only yourself and your thoughts.
comforting sign at a gas station in Nebraska
Big thanks to Ryan for adjusting his work schedule without so much as a sigh, and to MeeMee and Papa Jim for helping out as well. Thank-you to Tisha for meeting me and for arranging a place to stay! This really was a bucket list item for me and worth every bit of extra planning and the long drive. It won't be the last time I see Glennon.






Too fun! I bet you guys had such a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteIt was such a fun, quick trip! Glennon was amazing, but my favorite part was getting Jess time. Let's make another date soon, my dear friend. Muah!
ReplyDelete