Thursday, March 10, 2016

Fabio

Several months ago, Ben's speech therapist Cathy, who is also his leader with Skip, started discussing the prospect of moving locations and horses with us.  The closer Arvada location, weekday availability, and indoor arena option for cold or wet days sold us.

I was happily unavailable to attend the last day with Skip.  I would have cried and cried the whole time as he has been so great for Ben.  He is one of the most kind and gentle horses I've ever encountered and being at the farm was a welcome break for our family.

We will miss you SO much, Skip!!
(also, is there a better name for a horse? ever?)

MWAH!!
 

Ryan got to take Ben to his first meeting of Fabio while I was out of town for Glennon. Ben had no trouble warming up to the new location or new horse, Fabio.  We will see Fabio more regularly than we were able to see Skip, two Wednesdays a month.  I look forward to Ben's continued progress and watching his new relationship with Fabio bloom.  It's nice to have our weekends open though I hope Ryan can take time off from time to time as I know Ben loves having Dad be his side-walker.

He got his name thanks to his hair. ;) 

*more pics in the coming months

2 comments:

  1. Fabio! Oh my! Sounds like this will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful activity for any child. Fabio's name is cracking me up. :)

    ReplyDelete