Friday, February 12, 2016

swim~swam~swum


Well, our little fish is back at the swimming lessons and while he's still certainly more comfortable in the water than a lot of kids humans, many kids his age are now surpassing him in the speed and finesse departments.  I would love for him to take advantage of our neighborhood swim team, but he will need to rise to the top (literally) of the water and take some strokes.

He's taking private lessons at our gym and so far the results have been great.  I set very clear expectations and let the teacher know about Ben's manipulating ways.  My firmness has paid off and Ben is not still in the water for the whole 30 mins which is quite different from his days at Swim Labs.  He is up to 8-10 strokes and decent kicks in a row with his face in the water and will start on back stroke next time.  Whether or not it all pays off in swim team, these skills will be great for his whole life and the patterned movement is good for his brain.

He and Ms. Bridget are hiding over in that first lane.  
I try to keep my distance to avoid distraction.

He enjoys the extended warm showers after. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Whoo! Way to prep the teacher + clearly this is a win for Ben! I love that last pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig that first pic and Ben's continued love of the water. He and Cadyn agree on taking advantage of those post-swim warm showers. :)

    ReplyDelete