By far, the highlight of life in our new hood happened today. We were sitting and chatting with MeeMee and Superbowl party prepping when "knock, knock, knock."
Sweet Sophie from next door stood on our stoop with her lollipop and explained that it was George's birthday and "could Hayes and Luke come to the party at 12:30?"
George is Dick and Sarah's labradoodle who was celebrating the big numero-uno. George is a very handsome fellow and was sitting like a proper pup statue on one of our first visits to look at our house. Hayes and Luke love romping with him and we love him showing up at the front door to play.
I sent Ryan and Ben to the party with the pups and requested Ryan take lots of pics while I continued party prep. I stopped over near the end of the party and snapped a pic of this delightful banner. I later learned Ryan failed to take any pics. :(
Sophie had gone all out with treats and favors and special gifts for George. Dick teased that the gauntlet had been thrown and they'd expect quite a bash for Hayes. I've never done much pup birthday acknowledgment beyond some extra treats and pets, but it might be fun for Ben to do a little more going forward.
Happy Birthday, George!! We love you!

NUH UH. This just kills me! Your friends do such an amazing job at finding all the reasons to party + hang out! CANNOT wait to see Hayes' shin dig! ;) ;) Our two dogs expect a barking invite! :D
ReplyDelete