Some Friday afternoon hoops and beers. ;)
On Saturday we headed out to hike (Hayes' first) at Deer Creek Canyon. We were significantly thwarted by ice and mud, but enjoying an al fresco picnic and messing around with the pups.
A dog up the hill scared a herd of deer down right next to us.
From there we stopped at Cole and Amy's who live nearby and had perfect
timing as the new-to-them trampoline had just been installed.
We WAY overstayed our welcome right through dinner and into my first non-electronic poker playing. I learned so much and had so much fun. There are lots more hands that "count" than I ever thought and I'm excited to play with Brandon this Summer as he has a little experience with the game.
Sunday was Valentine's Day and Grayson's birthday party that Ben had been waiting for arrived. We headed into the hills for some sledding and celebrating.....
You can watch Ryan and Ben's fastest run above.
The snow was deep in spots but not conducive to some of the sleds. The weather was beautiful and in the high forties with periods of sun. Jana worked hard for this last-minute find and it was fun and fabulous. We enjoyed hot chocolate and cake before heading down the hill to MeeMee's.
Happy big-5 Grayson!!
MeeMee had offered to watch Ben Sunday night as she had Monday off along with Ben and I. Ryan and I picked up Indian food and headed home to watch Bridge of Spies. The movie was great and a date night in without kiddo interruption was delightful. I knocked out a few things in the morning today before grabbing Ben and heading to Kung Fu Panda 3 with Amy, Grace, Sara and their cousin Chilah. Ben did a pretty great job in a completely packed theater and just when I thought he wasn't paying attention at all, he stood up and offered his hand and his chi to the animals in need as they circled the Panda. It brought tears to my eyes and evoked a big "awwww!" from Amy.
Admittedly, before the weekend began I was a little bummed at not having big plans to head to Breck or Winter Park, but the in the end I wouldn't have changed a thing, and it was a good reminder of what a little focused staycation can do for the soul.









Staycation FOR THE WIN! Love living through your guys' easy access to mountain trails + mountain air. We are planning for Breck in June again + I am already feeling my heart (+ lungs + eyes!) craving it all! Ben's heart is so tender + huge, so fun to see it come out in little moments like at the movie. Just too sweet.
ReplyDeleteThat weekend sounded like a presidential-sized load of fun! I adore the multiple family pics and that you and Ryan got a kid-free night. Also, first time playing poker???!!!
ReplyDelete