Saturday, January 23, 2016

loved

Surprise gifts from afar started delighting me days in advance of my birthday. 
First, was this sign.....

.....and beautiful flowers.

The sign was one I was planning on ordering from the cousin of a friend.  I had given her this quote idea many months ago, but hadn't gotten around to ordering.  My friend Tisha spied my communication with the maker on Facebook and snuck in and ordered it.  When I attempted to order it, the maker said she was swamped and that it would be a few weeks.  Needless to say, I was quite shocked and delighted.

The day before my birthday, Ben and I had a grand adventure downtown and I got a call about a flower delivery.  I assured them they could leave them on the porch as it was a gorgeous day and boy was I wowed when we arrived home!! Molly had had a really hard time arranging the order and delivery from Singapore, but the sweet girls at their shop in Park Hill took all her info via text and email.  The customer service was amazing and they are by far the most beautiful arrangement I've ever received.  

The love kept coming on my birthday when I woke up to flowers from my boys and Ryan made me breakfast before he headed to work.  Sadly, MeeMee arrived home from her girls trip to fetch Oenghus looking like death warmed over.  I didn't mind her and her cough ducking out on dinner.  Nana and Papa arrived with more incredible flowers and my favorite appetizers.  






I had made pasta sauce the day before and really just wanted my favorite comfort food and the love of my family surrounding me.  Dinner was delicious, as was the Harvey Wallbanger cake my boys made.


Ben climbed up to help me open my cards and gifts and with each one said, "I need to go find Woody!"  It turned out his card for me featured Woody from Toy Story and one of us carried it around for days. ;)


I received lots of other wanted and delightful gifts including this watch from my mom and dad.  Not only is it a perfect combo of rose gold and navy, but the sentiment, while not driving me to drink early, (most days) does remind me to relax and not take life so seriously.  


Cole and Amy took me us out to the new(ish) Viewhouse Centennial location.  The food was surprisingly great for bar food and the signature cocktails did not disappoint.  We vowed to have an Uber-riding, day-drinking, double-date here this Summer to enjoy the views and rooftop patio.


Thank you so much to everyone for the beautiful gifts, well wishes, and expressions of love.  I feel so blessed to be living this life surrounded by such amazing people.  Somehow it just keeps getting better and I'm excited to see what's next.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Such perfect gifts! Seriously inspired by Tisha's intentionality with gift-giving! What a FUN surprise that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy the sign was a true (and desired) surprise.♥ It sounds like you were adored on your big day(s), as it should be. That watch is TDF, btw!

    ReplyDelete