Sunday, January 24, 2016

dinner club

In terms of social happenings, we couldn't have moved in next to better people.  Dick and Sarah live next door with their three kids and Dick could be named the neighborhood social director and connector.  When people ask where in the neighborhood we moved, I simply reply with, "Do you know Dick and Sarah?" and it hasn't failed me yet.

Last night they invited us to join in a rotating neighborhood dinner club.  They served three kinds of tacos and we all brought sides.  There were 5 couples total and it was great to meet some other neighbors.  I may have also scored a babysitter in one of the couple's daughters.  
There was a little mis-communication between Ryan and Dick regarding babysitters so thankfully Nana and Papa came to our rescue in that department.  I knew two men planning a whole evening was too good to be true, but I tried to let it go.  It all worked out in the end and all of us learned a thing or two about follow-up.;)

It was so kind of our new neighbors to include us and I'll offer to host soon.  Sadly I did not scare my new acquaintances with copious picture taking but I'll be sure to if we're invited back.

3 comments: