the ferry ride over and a little Texas pride
There was nothing better to take the sting out of Tante's departure, than a third annual beach vacation on the Bolivar Peninsula in Texas. Angela's in-laws will be retiring and moving here full-time in the next few years, so I'm soaking it up while we still can. :) We have such a great system down and knowing exactly what to expect means I think I actually start relaxing before I even arrive.
This year Angela's sister, Nelda, joined us. I was thrilled to finally meet her and she was a great addition to our trip. We had fun talking girl-talk, kid-talk, husband-talk and sitting in silence reading on the beach. There was another unfortunate addition this year in the form of mosquitos. There is no way to aptly express just how terrible they were. Upon arrival they immediately swarmed the car and were present by the millions unless we were at the beach. We worked out a decent system for getting to the beach but missed the usual afternoon deck time. The area had had lots of flooding and there was standing water in lots of places it had never been before. Overall, the trip was fun and relaxing and as always, too short. I do hope the drought returns before next year....
...or maybe a bat infestation. ;)
sister love
the screen porch was still a fabulous retreat
sunset at dinner
6 giant bites in just one run in from the beach
I wore my big hat every minute on the beach this year and sent this to Tante to assure her I was avoiding "lizard neck.'
Doesn't everyone bundle up to walk to the car when it's 90 degrees??
Thank you, Ang and Nelda, for another fantastic and relaxing trip!!












Gorgeous sunsets! And those lounge chairs look brilliant!
ReplyDelete1. Call me Bill. 2. I'd like to never see one of those vicious suckers again. 3. I love you! 4. The Blackerbys said they would probably need to get to the mountains during the summer once they live there year round..... ;)
ReplyDelete