Friday, June 5, 2015

people's republic

Crazy Boulder is often referred to as the "People's Republic of Boulder."  We started the Summer today with plans for a hike in the Flatirons but Mother Nature had other plans.  Thanks to some still-necessary Boulder errands, we headed up anyway.  The rain stopped long enough for a trip up and down Pearl St to enjoy the different play opportunities and frequent buskers and musicians.  







Just to the left of this pic, there were some musicians playing and Ben walked right in among these "Summer-time transients" (not to be confused with regular Boulder transients, many of whom are bored hippie trust-fund babies) and found a nice spot to listen. He put some change in the musician's case and said hi to them between songs.

Pretty soon a police officer came by and moved us all along.  I was mortified I let my son be possibly confused in this group but he just hopped up and bid everyone a happy, "bye guys." 
I got several compliments on what a cool and unabashed kid he is (as if I play any role in that,) and the compliments would have been welcome if not rife with expletives in clear earshot of said "cool kid."

1 comment: