Saturday, May 2, 2015

Spring Fling

I took one big, long, deep breath after Kacey's shower and dove back in to planning the raffle for the PTA's Spring Fling at Ben's school.  
Our initial goal was 50-60 items and we hit it!!  I should have remembered that most of the world works at the last minute as 40 of those items came in in the last couple of days.  In the end it all came together and was very successful.  The raffle alone raised more than $3,000 and there were sponsorships and food truck donations in addition.  
We were able to provide our current students and families, incoming families and the neighborhood community with a fun day of bounce houses, bikes, games, bubbles, a magic show, a DJ and musical instruments from Swallow Hill all for free while still taking in money for the school.  This year's four food trucks were not enough to completely or efficiently serve our masses so that's a big lesson learned for next year.  The weather was delightful though brewing storms kept us on our toes.  Tante helped me at the raffle tables all morning and MeeMee joined us all in the clean-up effort.  I felt overwhelming gratitude at how much of Ben's village was there to help.  Ben had ridden Skip in the morning and was tired but still managed nearly 3 hours in the bounce house.  





Tante layin' down the raffle law ;)







I promptly went home and plopped myself in the middle of the front yard to tackle the dandelions that had been calling me for two weeks, and celebrate and soak in a job well done.  I hadn't felt that same sense of accomplishment since leaving work 4 years ago.  I love accomplishing tasks and projects for our family, but there is something overwhelmingly fulfilling about a successful event that brought joy to many and continued funds for little learners.

*another PTA member took all these pics and shared them.  I didn't have time to even think about pics.  Thanks to her and to our amazing family for all the help.

2 comments:

  1. Way to be involved, mama! I'm sure so many appreciated your hard work and dedication. I am cringing thinking about how those operate-at-the-last-minute types (sadly, most times I count myself among them) must make you pull your hair out. ;) Now, enjoy some time off for awhile!

    PS - THREE HOURS in a bounce house?! That is impressive work, Ben. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ I vote for this. Way to go, ladies! Jess- could there BE a better volunteer? (Said in my Chandler voice) So happy everything went well. :)

    ReplyDelete