Tuesday, May 19, 2015

we've got spirit

Ben has had several Spirit Fridays as the school year wraps up.  They are reminders of how tough posed pictures are first thing in the morning and that spirit day is synonymous with extra energy.


Crazy hair day.....




Nature day.....




"Have your child dress like something in nature, a stick, a leaf, etc."
Excuse me? Thanks to the lack of brown in Ben's wardrobe and his continued love of The Grouchy Ladybug, I opted for the easy and free route of stitching some black felt on one of his red t-shirts.

 Backwards day.....


I failed to snap a pic on hat day and sadly on field day as well.  The four half-day classes at Ben's school were somehow forgotten about on Field Day this year and so those teachers scrambled at the last minute to put something together. :(  Ben had fun with a few of the activities but he and I had been practicing all week for activities similar to those he did last year.  The things they put together were fun but pretty juvenile and didn't include much running.  There was even a basketball station included but Ben's teacher opted to skip that one which killed us both!!  He struggled to stay put at the "parachute" for more than 10 minutes while watching other kids race and run and shoot hoops.  I will be sure to give other half-day parents the heads' up next year to make sure they're included though I think many parents make enough impact that they won't be forgotten again.

There was also a "rainbow week" that three of us in Ben's class celebrated a week early until Wednesday when we realized "other people really aren't participating."  Ben's teacher was a great planner and we all just took her way-in-advance email and reminder to be more urgent, I guess. :)  The Spirit days were really fun for the kids and I know Ben enjoyed the connections he made and being recognized by his classmates for his participation.



2 comments:

  1. BAHAHA! That backwards day photo is a killer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cadyn loves Spirit Week, too. Ben's hair is so rocker!

    ReplyDelete