Monday, March 23, 2015

March Misc.

The snow of early March didn't stick long, and soon we were back out hitting the streets and exploring our neighborhood.
 
 
In the last couple visits, Ben has learned to conquer the big blue chain at the playground.  It is uber-wobbly and taller than me so it's not mama's favorite playground toy.
 


A delicious bloody-mary lunch was the perfect way to break-in the deck for the season.


It was also MeeMee's first time meeting Tante's friend, Brandon.


Papa Ken brought home new Britany puppy, Beckett.  Ben got to hear him cry on the phone on his journey home from Bozeman to Missoula, and was very worried that the puppy was so upset.


I had a once-in-a-lifetime experience seeing Garth Brooks from a suite at the Pepsi Center.
It was the first of 9 Denver shows and when a friend asked at the last minute if I could go, I made sure it would happen.  Friend Betsy's company has a box and another co-worker had extra tickets.  When her husband Blake decided to stay home with their sick baby, the opportunity for me to tag along was born and I crossed this one off my bucket list.



The marble run has been the toy of the month allowing lots of quiet play and chunks of time to get some things done.

Trips to see Skip are never dull and this day the skydivers gave way for hot air balloons.

My adoration for this guy is inexplicable.  While I'm not a horse person, Skip's gentle soul and patience with my son makes me love him so.



March is Madness in the Heimer haus and Ben has learned the only thing on the TV on weekends is basketball.  On this day we headed out for burritos and beer to enjoy with our basketball.  Family lunches out after Skip on Saturdays are a favorite for all of us.

I've enjoyed a couple early morning runs as I prepare for Summer when I can't run during Ben's school day.  The dawn light in Wash Park is breathtaking.  The solitude isn't hard to take either.

MeeMee joined us for a trip to the zoo.




We helped Aunt Christy celebrate her birthday at their country club in Colorado Springs......


Ian is an old pro and very at-home on the golf course.

Ben enjoyed sporting the bag and hitting a few shots with Papa Jim.



We are anxious for the consistency of warm Spring days to come and the outdoor adventures sure to come too.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a lot of fun at the Heimer house right now. I am trying to get over how. freaking. big + mature Ben looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have been so busy! I'm kind of dying to try a bloody Mary bar at your house, but I'm not even sure I like them. Don't judge me. :) Also, the Wash Park run... You could even convince me to make that happen early with those pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun March! Especially those last pics of little boys-turned big boys with cute golf bags and clubs!

    ReplyDelete