This year we put and end to the hemming and hawing and finally headed out to the National Western Stock Show. I hadn't been since the 6th grade as I think we went most years in elementary school. We had so much fun I tried to talk Ryan into taking a day off next year so we can go for lots longer on a weekday without the crowds. Ben's school notified us of discounted tickets for district families and I explored our options and discovered, Super Dogs! Dogs of all shapes and sizes run through agility courses, high jumps and even race horses through courses. Ben really enjoyed walking around the grounds and likely loved the petting zoo most of all, but squealed with delight as the dogs did the high-jump competition. Admittedly, it was a bit boring for grown-ups but watching Ben's excitement was all the entertainment we needed.
baby buffaloes
of course Ben loved the black cow
this gentleman was quite a sight
It was definitely weird to eat a burger amid all those cows and I did notice a rib stand that had closed for the day right in the middle of the stockyard. Overall, there was tons more to see and do and I hope we can make it an actual rodeo next year.
Looks cool! Baby Buffaloes?! Awesome!
ReplyDelete