Wednesday, September 24, 2014

stride, striding, GONE!!

About 3 weeks ago now, Ben popped up in the middle of the Broncos game and proclaimed, "Daddy! I need to go practice my Strider!!"  For the last year, Ben has had a mostly Meh! attitude about the strider and although he did have a couple weeks of regular use here and there, most Strider outings were initiated by Ryan or myself.  Inspired by Ben's excitement, we both popped up and scooted immediately outside.  This time, though, there wasn't much "practice" involved.  It was almost like something had clicked there in that very moment and Ben just finally "got" the Strider.  Looooong rides of 1.5 miles and more have become a regular occurrence in the weeks since.  The way home from what will be Ben's elementary school has a slight down hill nearly all the way home, making it a prime striding destination.  Ben is absolutely loving it and Ryan and I are enjoying his fun and the idea of him choosing a "road bike or mountain bike" in the Spring.  Ben has a word game on the iPad that has both bikes and has pointed out bikes with distinction for years now.  Based on the time we've spent at Performance bike and at Target, it will be a VERY difficult decision one day.  We now have our fingers crossed for a Winter that allows for lots of practice.  Mother Nature hear our plea!!


Here are some pics and videos from out adventures........


on a now regular stride to Wash Park






This was his longest ride a couple days in and now he doubles this regularly




3 comments:

  1. Ahh, great job Ben! I am very excited for the day the "stride" clicks with Teegs. Though I am amazed daily at how much faster his feet go with every new trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clearly needed a strider at the age of 30 to learn. Great job, Ben!!

    ReplyDelete