We joined MeeMee and Oenghus for a camping trip to Kelly Dahl campground just outside Nederland and next to Golden Gate Canyon State Park. MeeMee arrived early and set up her camper solo (whooo-hoooo!) and we arrived just in time to cook dinner.
We spent Saturday exploring the campground and campground playground, driving through and fly-fishing in the nearby state park, and hiking repeatedly to the "top of the mountain." Steak, sweet potatoes, corn, and roasted carrot and orzo salad for dinner made it hard to believe we were camping. Ryan had fun tending the fire and insisting we cook pancakes over it on Sunday morning. Thankfully by brunch time, he gave in and finished on the stove. ;)
We're still learning the in's and out's of the camper so didn't have electricity to spare this trip. A couple rousing battles of Skip-Bo by head lamp made it feel a little more like tent camping.
contentedly reading fire-side
a soaking-wet, stacker-playing fishing assistant
by now he was wearing my shirt and was VERY unhappy after being pulled into the lake by Luke
Ryan's patented tinder-box
my DD headband is a camping must
last breakfast
We made it home by Sunday afternoon and unpacked with all of Monday ahead of us. We took breakfast burritos to Nana and Papa's before heading over to their neighborhood pool for the last time this Summer. I was SO sad as Ben and I enjoyed so much time there but was thrilled we had great weather to soak up one more day of splashing and sun. We capped the weekend with dinner at the Lineberry's. Any gathering on their deck with expansive views feels like a getaway. Ben being as "at home" there as he is at our house is the icing on the cake.
We headed home very content at a full weekend of fun, sun, family and friends. Tuesday morning hurt. I mean H.U.R.T. Ben's nearly needing to be drug into school was sure testament that none of us wanted the lovely weekend to end.









I pretty much love everything about this post. And I want to go camping with you guys next time. :)
ReplyDeleteYou in that headband = hot. :) Oh, what I would give to get a good look at a beautiful mountain range again. PLEASE never take that for granted (I know you won't)!
ReplyDeleteBut that "last breakfast"! I want to come camping with you guys! :)
ReplyDelete