I had discussed with my dad that Ben would be very happy to spend every day at my dad's new country club pool, and though we spent only two days there, Ben was indeed in heaven. We also spent time running around the campus of my alma mater, having famous Hoagieville cheese fries, having breakfast with Aunt B, shopping, and enjoying a few other favorite restaurants.
As Ben doesn't have quite as many energy outlets at my dad's as at home, we also spent all but one evening at the local school playground to burn off steam and insure a good night's sleep.
We traveled with MeeMee's new pop-up camper
have Blue, will travel
nothing better than post-swim in a hotel bed when you're a kid
first glimpses of MT mtns and rivers
playground on the first night
h.o.a.g.i.e.v.i.l.l.e.
The city has a big "out to lunch" with food trucks, etc., every Wednesday. The kids activity this week was guitar lessons and Ben was elated (and impatient.)
We also got to ride the carousel and get ice cream.
We helped Papa walk the dogs a few times
Papa's new club is gorgeous with a rustic ranch feel and 360 degree mtn views
Living near the airport is AWESOME when you're a little boy!
real-deal play dough at Ciao Mambo
How to relax poolside by Ben Heimer...........
like I said...Heaven!
the poolside life is a tough one :)
a little griz
I've been so blessed to go to school in two really beautiful places.
Last night on the playground-until next time!!











Ben's relaxation poses are slaying me! I am so happy it worked to ride with your mom. What beautiful views and delicious food. Good for you for making this trip a priority for Ben. :) And I concur about boys living near an airport - Teegs is certainly enjoying our local one, small as it may be.
ReplyDeleteI could write a book on those poolside poses. :)
ReplyDelete