Sunday, July 6, 2014

7th annual Sparks will Fly on the 4th of July!!

One of the best things to come from us moving to Kansas was that the short-lived (read: 2 years) 4th of July party tradition we had begun in Longmont quickly and forever moved south to the Lineberry's abode.  They continue to do it bigger and better than I ever would or could and for the kiddos, the fun is NON-STOP!! Water slides, pools, and bouncy houses transition to snow cones, a bike parade, a watermelon eating contest, home-made ice cream, mentos-shooters and fireworks.  Oh, and don't forget the gator rides.  
We had a delightful family morning with a run and visit to Ben's school playground on the way home.  Unfortunately the run left me with a headache that bothered me the whole day so I handed off my watermelon-eating-contest crown and didn't compete.





Nana and Papa got Ben this adorable hat and the shirt he wore later but he never wore them together:(


Luke was DONE part way home from our run

This year the weather promised to be HOT but a torrential rain for a bit cooled everything off and the late afternoon and evening were quite pleasant.  I quickly changed out of my swimsuit as I'd planned to cool off right along with the kids. 
I was lax in the picture taking this year but still captured a few pics of the fun had by all.  I will always remember this year as the one I taught Grace all about "house-cup," as she waited patiently in line for the ice cream she had carefully made.  I only hope her parents quickly forget and don't try to teach Ben something worse. 
We did more fireworks this year as there were no burn-bans in effect.  I do enjoy a big fireworks show and will have to seek out a way to have that be a part of this day for Ben.  There are many clashes, civil wars, and strife going on around the world and it makes me all the more thankful to live in a safe country where much of my life and well-being is within my control.  America the beautiful is far from perfect but there aren't many places I'd trade it for.  Happy Birthday America!!



Bikes needed to be pre-decorated this year so I stopped on the way. :-/ 
 Ben DID NOT approve of the balloons on his bike.



Papa Alan's home-made ice cream


smart man cruising with an older woman with a hot car
 

snuggles and fireworks make me a very happy mama


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great celebration! I am loving the convertible and mama shots. :)

    ReplyDelete