We got to enjoy a dinner and an afternoon park date while they were here and the boys played "together" more than ever before. It has been very fun to watch them grow together and also to see their very different strengths and interests. We also got to meet Riley's new brother Ethan for the first time. Sadly both Johnson boys were a bit sick and poor Ethan was really struggling with a cold and cough. My non-mama snuggles weren't quite enough to keep him happy but we have a wedding to attend in Wichita in May so I look forward to more snuggles then.
Here Riley's thinking, "well, he's paying attention to me now but why does he care so much about these basketballs?"
They found a shared interest in the dirt. ;)
They took turns running to and from the basketball court and playground and playing for 5 minutes at each one. Again Riley surely wondered about this basketball thing.



Wow, those boys are SUCH big boys. :-/
ReplyDeleteSo happy you all got to catch up! I'm not sure I remembered the Hartje's were having a boy until now - yay. :)
ReplyDelete